14 September 2008

Factory Girl

It's been one of those ridiculously busy weekends. On Friday night an old friend of Andrew's who lives in Europe was in town, so we went down to the Rowers for an early dinner, and then Andrew and Hendrik kicked on, while the kids and I watched telly and got a reasonably early night.

Just as well, because Phoebe's baseball game started at 8am Saturday, so we were down at the Oval at 7.45 ... I am happy to report that Phoebe was first batter up and managed to get home!

Then there was Phoebe's audition for the National Institute of Youth Performing Arts, which was a bizarre experience. On the way back we were sucked in by the warm weather and had to buy some plants, so we spent some time gardening. We wandered up to school to vote, then I made 125 meatballs while supervising Phoebe and a friend making peppermint creams. Later in the afternoon, a neighbour came over for a glass of champagne (as you do) and then I made my favourite Italian seafood soup for dinner. The boys watched the rugby and I fell asleep ...

Sunday began with baking and cooking bol for someone who currently needs a bit of backup, then we shopped, I helped my brother buy a couch and finally we cranked out the other 500 meatballs ...

A productive but not very relaxing weekend.

1 comment:

Wendy Hutton said...

No relaxing, perhaps, but incredibly productive. How did Phoebe go at her audition?