01 September 2008

Trading Places

I've been feeling slightly miffed because my routine has been changed, but not at my instigation. Due to tedious bureaucratic inflexibilities at The Bank, I can no longer go and use a desk in there two days a week. This is miffing (if you can be miffed, surely something can be miffing?) because 1. I quite like grown-up company a couple of days a week. 2. I like buying books at lunchtime. 3. I get to jam a lot of work into my 8am-4.30pm days (more than a 9-3 school day). 4. It's an excuse to buy articles of clothing that aren't jeans. 5. I like to eat Chinese noodle soup at lunch.

So I've been sulking a bit about being stuck in MY office five days a week (or is that seven?), but I've decided to look on the bright side. 1. Spring has really sprung today, and it's nice to be somewhere where I can see the garden and hear the birds. 2. There is a teachers' stop-work tomorrow so Phoebe can't go to school until 11am and it doesn't matter. 3. I will save money on before school care. 4. I don't have to look at myself in the bathroom mirror at 7am to apply makeup.

No comments: