26 April 2008

Gallipoli

On Thursday, Andrew said, as he does every April 24, 'I might take the kids to the dawn service tomorrow'. Five minutes later he said 'Actually, I don't think I will' (also as he does every April 24).

So we spent Anzac Day in an unpatriotic fashion, as usual. Not even a game of two-up.

I had half a box of lemons sitting around the kitchen making me feel guilty, so I made a jar of preserved lemons, some lemon curd (which Andrew loyally declared to be the best lemon curd in the world), lemon cordial and lemon juice ice cubes (for that time of year when lemons are not in season but I MUST have lemon juice).

For dinner we were planning to try a clam, fish and chorizo soup recipe but the fish shop was patriotically closed, so instead we had to have our old standby, smoked fish chowder. It was delicious.

No comments: