26 April 2008

Rabbit-Proof Fence

Today is the first sunny day we've had for the whole of the school holidays (two weeks). For Sydney, that's something of a record, and it's made us all rather grumpy and unmotivated. Or maybe not all of us, maybe just me.

Anyway, today it is gorgeous. Laundry is swaying on the line, Holden is off playing soccer, and Phoebe and I joined forces and built a special anti-rabbit device so that the mutually exclusive concepts of 'free range pet rabbits' and 'herb garden' can co-exist. We sawed, drilled and hammered with gay abandon. Right now I'm looking down from the studio, gauging the efficacy of our contraption. So far, so good. Cottontail looks annoyed, and Flopsy looks puzzled. The herbs look smug.

Cottontail has now taken solace in my murraya bush, so excuse me while I go and hunt down our dinner. There is a very tasty looking rabbit ragu recipe in this month's delicious.

1 comment:

Wendy Hutton said...

How's that for synchronicity? I have just done a new posting on my blog about herbs, and then went to your blog only to see you're working on your herb garden!