25 September 2009

Happy Feet

Back to the topic of happiness, it seems even world leaders have been thinking about it. Apparently Sarkozy has been talking about a happiness index instead of GDP - an interesting topic briefly covered here (the comments are also worth reading).

Closer to home, we sent a bit of birthday happiness to school with Phoebe this morning. We're not supposed to send in whole cakes and I think I will scream if I see another cupcake, let alone have to make and decorate 33 of them ... I really don't understand the whole Cupcake Thing.

Oops, I went off on a cupcake rant. It's been a long week.

Back to the title of this post - since it's Happy Feet, I have decided that what would make my feet happy is some new shoes for summer. For some reason I'm very taken with silly colours right now. So I've been checking out these (I have a silk top in the same colour)


and these (and I HATE yellow)


or the ever-useful silver.


I have even been considering the humble espadrille


(probably NOT in pink), but maybe I'm getting carried away with the warmer weather and straying into frump territory?

No comments: