16 September 2009

She's Gotta Have It


I don't diet. But way back when I was in my late teens or early 20s and tried a couple of times, I noticed that the minute I decided I couldn't have a certain food, it was all I wanted.

Resolving not to buy anything unnecessary is the same sort of thing. Suddenly I NEED a white/cream blazer for summer, some metallic sandals, a couple of new scarves, maybe even a new suit for those occasional corporate moments ... or a maxi-dress.

Of course I don't need any of it. But I confess I snapped up a pair of True Religion jeans when they landed in my email inbox at a staggering discount. They are this cut, but not this wash or this stitching. And, miracle of miracles, they fit 100% perfectly, except for length. How many women out there wear size 25 jeans and are 6ft tall? I just have to wonder, given how LONG these are.

Tomorrow, apparently, I have to buy a bath. I'd much rather buy some more clothes or shoes or books ...

3 comments:

materfamilias said...

No need to feel confessional about buying jeans -- we always need them, right? And yours sound/look great, all 36 inches of them ;-)

Imogen Lamport, AICI CIP said...

I'm so with you on the deprivation thing!

Tiffany said...

You're both excellent enablers! I do indeed need jeans, but at the same time, I wish I could wear something ELSE from time to time ... I need to knuckle down and go through Imogen's guide to finding your own style.