25 September 2009

The Trouble with Harry

The Trouble with Me is that I want clothes that have nothing to do with the life I live.

My weekday generally goes like this: Get up (grumpy), shower, throw on jeans and a top, pack lunches, get children to eat breakfast, get child/ren to school, go up to studio and write. At the end of the day, it's much the same, except in reverse and there's dinner and homework involved.

Weekends are a similarly glamorous whirl of kids' sport and housework.

I want to wear dresses like this:


when my life is more like this:

4 comments:

Imogen Lamport, AICI CIP said...

Maybe you need to find a happy medium?

materfamilias said...

Too funny! I love the contrast between those two. I also love the shape of that dress -- in a different fabric, it would actually be quite practical for me and flattering as well. . . Which is more than I could say for the track suit ;-)

Tiffany said...

Yes indeed ...

Tiffany said...

And mater, in truth I don't even own trackpants (one pair of black yoga pants, for yoga only). And I could wear that dress, but only if I had somewhere to wear it to!! Sigh.