14 September 2009

The Lost Weekend


It was a weekend of house stuff, mostly pulling out dreadful plants that having been growing wild for almost 30 years. On Sunday afternoon we did manage to have a small gathering of sorts - we invited all our current neighbours to come and have a look at the new place and drink a glass of bubbles with us. The picture above is our (haha) 'water view' from the upstairs living room, which has improved slightly since the large daytura (Angel's Trumpet) has now been removed. I must add that the mess at the bottom is the neighbour's backyard, NOT ours!

It was fun, and was the only time on the weekend when I wasn't dressed in ripped denim shorts and a faded, paint-spattered Nanowrimo t-shirt. Obviously enough, things sartorial were far from my mind, although the very warm weather (30 degrees on Sunday) did bring out everybody's summer wardrobes.

I celebrated by donning white jeans - so impractical, which is why they always feel slightly glamorous to me. I noticed when dashing up to the shops for supplies for Sunday afternoon that the maxi dress was EVERYWHERE. I'm still not sure about it. I can see the appeal but I'm not sure it's something I could do ... maybe because I'm too 'petite' (just say SHORT, people!). Or maybe because I'm not great with prints. Hmmm.

2 comments:

materfamilias said...

I haven't done the maxidress (again) either, but I think in a warm climate it has huge appeal -- nothing is cooler short of being in a pool! At least, I prefer a long loose skirt to shorts, probably because I burn quite easily.

Tiffany said...

True, it does have the allure of stylish (if done right) comfort. I guess I just worry that I'll look silly because I'm little! Maybe I will get outside of my safe little box and TRY ONE ON!?