29 September 2009

True Romance

For years I have been assiduously collecting pictures from magazines and keeping a file of What My House Will Look Like.

Reality, sadly, is no match for fantasy. In my dream house, I have a big kitchen, with plenty of space for everything, including my rather large antique French oak dining table. In the house over the fence, I barely have room for the necessities. This is what it looks like at the moment.


But I am willing to 'refine' my possessions so that I can have, at the very least, a decent fridge and a decent cooker.


This is my fridge. Apparently it is smarter than some of my ex-boyfriends (and definitely more attractive). It's so clever it needs its own plumbing.

Before I can put the fridge in, however, I must get said plumbing. And a floor.

Just a couple more photos so that I can remind myself - when it's done - what it looked like. This is poor Phoebe's room ...


3 comments:

materfamilias said...

It will all be new and wonderful soon, right? . . .
My mom's moving house this week -- a big event with all the contents of a 2400 square foot house funnelling into a 1200-square foot condo -- obviously some trips are being made to the GoodWill!

Christina Lee said...

wow what a project- good luck!! I have that idea for a dream kitchen too!

Tiffany said...

Mater, good luck with moving your mother!

Christina - thanks for your comment - and I hope you get your dream kitchen! I'm figuring mine will be in the NEXT house ...