02 October 2009

27 Dresses

Ok, not 27, but three. I was planning to wear this dress to the wedding tomorrow. It's simple, but I love the colour.


Then I decided that maybe it's a bit shapeless and maybe I should go more 'va va voom', so I dragged this one out of the cupboard. It's so tight I can't even fit shapewear under it. I'm not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing.


Then I got my hair coloured and I hate it and I feel frumpy and thought maybe I should just stick to the same damn dress I wear every time, this one.


I was going to treat myself to a new cardigan and/or shoes, but I seriously can't justify it, not with the cash-inhaling activities going on in the new house. So I have to wear whatever I can find. It's either sensible black heels or crazy vintage snakeskin numbers that I can stand in (but not much else).


I did get the manicure. Even that fell a little short of expectations - the colour is good, but they didn't pay much attention to the shaping. And it's so long since I've had painted fingernails (about 12 years!) that I keep getting a shock when I see my hands.



By tomorrow afternoon, when it's time to get dressed, I fear I will be in a complete funk.

4 comments:

Susan B said...

I love that third dress. In these kinds of situations, I'd tend to go with the tried-and-true-comfortable option.

Christina Lee said...

It's pretty- I wear the same dress all the tiem too!!

materfamilias said...

Oh dear, I know that mood! Nothing will do. Nothing will do . . .
The manicure looks great, though, and I love those shoes -- walking is highly overrated as an activity, no?
As for the dress you always end up wearing, I can see why -- it's a good dress!

Tiffany said...

Thanks for all the encouraging comments! I'm in less of a horrid mood this morning, despite the weather being grim. If a certain silver sequinned cardigan comes my way (thanks to spouse) I probably will wear the old standby ...