24 October 2009

The Big Blue

A busy week, full of mundane things. Rather than bore myself with details of house developments and work I thought I'd pick up mater's blue meme.

I don't have a lot of blue in my house, so it was moderately entertaining rummaging around to find things to photograph. This is what I came up with:

1. An antique French plate which I bought for a ridiculous (that's bad ridiculous, not good ridiculous) price because it amused me so much. Monsieur is reading Le Figaro and demanding 'Ou est le garçon?'. It sits on a shelf in my kitchen.


2. Two glass paperweights; one made in his student days by a friend who is now a rather well-known glass artist; the other a gift from Venice.


3. Bowls that were given to us as a wedding present. We eat out of these many times a week, and we've only broken one (there were eight) in all these years.


4. A Le Creuset stoneware baking dish.


5. A ceramic bowl thrown and glazed by my paternal grandmother (I think in the 70s).


6. Predictably enough, with my name, some Tiffany blue boxes and a beautiful little Tiffany pen my mother gave me.


7. Two old soft drink bottles I picked up in a junk shop years and years ago and haven't the heart to get rid of.

2 comments:

materfamilias said...

What a lovely collection -- a welcome addition to the meme, I'd say, and I'll link to your post as soon as I make time for some blogging. That plate was well worth the ridiculous price -- it would put a smile on my face even on the most challenging days. And I really like your grandmother's bowl -- neat to think that your son or daughter may one day say to his or her child, "My great grandmother made this."

Tiffany said...

Thanks mater!