15 October 2009

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

I honestly have not spent the last few weeks thinking about nothing other than my clothes. The offspring have been on school holidays, which means that I have also been perched up here in Command Central (my studio), working and occasionally looking down at the house and wondering how many hours Phoebe can spend reading Harry Potter without getting bored.

If I hear shouting, I actually walk down to the house and negotiate, but Holden hasn't been around much - he sets off with friends for the nearest skate park every morning (with a bottle of water, money for lunch and his mobile phone) and returns at about 5pm.

Sometimes I wonder whether I have extremely low-maintenance children or I'm just an extremely neglectful mother? In my defence, I did take them horseriding on the weekend. And I do feed them.


And they have done other fun things too, like go to the movies and have sleepovers.

As well as working fitfully, hating my wardrobe and neglecting my children, I have also spent plenty of fun time talking to eletricians and plumbers, and gazing glumly at the house, wondering if it will EVER be finished. It seems unlikely. We had a tiler through on Saturday, who showed me lots of pictures of previous jobs - like the pool area of one house that was larger than our whole block ... I have a funny feeling his quote might be out of our range.

No comments: