08 October 2009

Pretty in Pink

I did a panic shop on the morning of the wedding and bought a pink dress that I hated pretty much by the time I got it home. I wore it anyway and felt unattractive all night. There is a lesson in there.

But there was one bright point. We dropped the kids off at my in-laws' house on the way to the wedding, and when my mother-in-law saw me wearing my cheap but pretty freshwater pearls, she said 'Come with me'. Turns out she'd had HER mother-in-law's pearls restrung and cleaned and was giving them to ME.

I know pearls are old-fashioned (these are circa 1930s/40s) but how I love them.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

I may be old-fashioned but I think the 3-strand pearl necklace is really beautiful. How typically kind of Barb. I've got a few books and some more children's masak masak toys set aside with you.

But you're going to have to invite me to sleep in the Clancy Room (ie dounle garage) so you'll get them hand delivered some time next year.

materfamilias said...

Those are lovely! How lucky are you, not simply in being the recipient of those sumptuous strands, but also in having a mother-in-law who obviously loves you.

Tiffany said...

I am lucky, aren't I?