15 November 2009

Saturday Night Fever (4)

Unfortunately, neither of us was very inspired about food yesterday. Perhaps we spent too long looking at stoves for the new house. I found the one I want, but I'd have to sell my children to buy it, so it will have to be yet another compromise. Sigh.

In the end, it was probably just as well that our minds were elsewhere. About 6pm we got a call to say that Holden - who was at a sleepover - had a splinter in his toe that would need local anaesthetic to remove (the parents are both doctors, so we had to take their word for it). Andrew drove over, picked him up and took him to the nearest casualty, where they sat for almost three hours until being seen. Hol, happily, went back to his friend's place - Andrew finally got home at about 10pm.

I will try to revive my cooking mojo for dinner on Wednesday night, when we have family coming over. Today is the third Sunday in a row that I am working, so I'm promising myself some time at the end of the day to pore over cookbooks (if I finish the work I have to do).

No comments: