20 November 2009

Dressed to Kill

Most days, I wear jeans. I'm trying to break out of this particular rut, and I promised Imogen NOT to buy any more jeans (at least for a little while). I haven't managed to buy a skirt or a dress yet, despite really looking quite hard, but I have fished a couple of things out of the back of the cupboard.

On Monday I was teaching and the forecast was for hot weather, so I wore a SKIRT. The world did not end. No one screamed at the sight of my pale and freckly calves (except me, on the inside).

Emboldened, today I am wearing A DRESS. It is a sage green raw silk shirt dress - the green is probably not my best green, but I like it anyway. With these shoes. It is 9.30am and I have already had about 20 comments from people, ranging from 'Wow, I've never seen you in a dress' to 'You look pretty, Ms H' (small children at school).

It's rather novel.

5 comments:

Susan B said...

Good for you! It can be really hard to break out of a style rut.

materfamilias said...

I remember those sandals -- very nice! I love raw silk -- That dress must have felt ever so much more cool and comfy than jeans, and looked good as a bonus!

Tiffany said...

Thanks, Pseu and mater - it's nice to get encouragement when I'm trying to be a little less dull in my clothing choices. It is so hot that I have now changed into an even cooler (temperature-wise) dress - a vintage 1960s psychedlic print shift. If I hadn't taken the brave step of the nice conservative dress this morning, there's no way I would have worn the crazy dress this afternoon ... baby steps!?

Tiffany said...

It's the heat that has ruined my spelling, truly.

Imogen Lamport, AICI CIP said...

Fantastic work! I'm sure you looked gorgeous!