20 May 2010

Leatherheads



I decided that this winter the ONE thing I really really want is a leather skirt. Obviously (I hope) not a rock chick black mini, but a knee-length dark caramel/tan coloured skirt, probably pencil rather than A-line, as A-line is not great on my body shape (I think, based on Imogen's analyses, I'm a sort of high-hipped stick (I shape)). But then, I utterly love the A-line above (See by Chloe, available for pre-order via Nordstrom). The other one is Talbots. But neither is available yet, and I wouldn't even know where to start looking here ...

But, you know, if I put it out there, maybe one will come my way. And maybe once we've paid for Holden's braces (big sigh) I'll even be able to buy it for myself!

4 comments:

Susan B said...

Oh, I have my eye on that Talbot's skirt too. Let us know what you find!

Tiffany said...

Yes, I'd happily wear the Talbots one, if only it were available before we head into summer! I'm hoping if I find time to do a proper browse through the city and/or my local vintage shops (there's a cluster of them just up the road) I might find something that will work ...

materfamilias said...

I've had a leather skirt in mind for the last couple of fall/winters but haven't really looked too hard, just hoped it would cross my path. So far, I haven't seen many, and definitely not "the one". I love that top one -- will be curious to see what you find.

Unknown said...

Both skirts are super cute. If you go with Talbots... send us some pics!!! In the mean time... http://redchairconfessions.com/category/covet-this/