05 May 2010

Mommie Dearest

The Mother's Day thing often irritates me. Why not appreciate your mother all the time? Why feel obliged to BUY something just because we're told to, instead of spontaneously giving gifts when we find something that is just right? I know, left to their own devices, many offspring would never do anything ... Self included, I guess.

Despite my cynicism, I always end up helping with the little gifts that the school P&C puts together for the kids to give to their mothers (yeah, not much of a surprise in store for me!). So today, as well as work and starting prep for the weekend's party, I've been printing and punching heart shapes.


I just thought they looked rather pretty all piled up on the kitchen table. I'm sure they'll look less pretty to me when I've stuck 180 of them to tiny gift bags ...

1 comment:

materfamilias said...

They do look pretty though . . .