24 May 2010

Mostly Martha

This is just a brief post to say that I am currently consumed with jealousy, as my mother has been invited to dine with Martha Stewart tomorrow night. Martha, like everyone, has her failings and foibles, but I'm a big fan (especially of how she did her time and then got on with it). I love that her mag (I've never seen the TV show) is all about applying beauty and creativity to the everyday/domestic. So we don't all have Hamptons holiday houses, or a farm with a kitchen the size of my whole house, but it's meant to be aspirational, right?

My mother, a foodie of some renown in Asia, lives in Kota Kinabalu in Malaysian Borneo. Lord only knows what Martha is doing there, but obviously they had to rustle up some interesting locals for her to meet and greet. Maybe she'll autograph a napkin for me ...

1 comment:

materfamilias said...

Wow! that's big! No matter what her detractors say (and obviously there's much to work with), this is a woman of serious talent -- I'm sure your mom (who obviously has some serious chops of her own)will be taking notes to share with you