24 June 2010

The Fabulous Baker Boys

I think I mentioned that I made a sourdough starter recently; last weekend I actually made bread from it. And it worked! In fact, it worked so well that the whole loaf was gone by mid-afternoon. I don't like sliced bread but I do love real bread. To my surprise, so do the kids. Kid 2 sawed off a fresh-baked piece the other morning when I wasn't paying attention and demolished it; then had two thick slices toasted yesterday - this is the child who eats about three things (peanut butter, fruit, meat). I don't think I'll be able to persuade Spouse to take in sandwiches from homemade sourdough ...

Definitely more exciting than bread - we have our first female Prime Minister!!! The question is whether she can win the upcoming election ... (Oh, and we actually won a soccer game in the World Cup, although we were still eliminated in the first round.)

It's almost too much excitement for me. To cap it all off, I actually wore my new MaxMara jacket yesterday to a client meeting. I felt a) warm and b) almost chic.

No comments: