08 February 2011

The Summer of the Seventeenth Doll

I'm not really back, just in the mood for jotting down random thoughts ...

Last week was horrendous. We had the longest heatwave ever recorded in Sydney, with the temperature still over 33 degrees C at midnight on Saturday (it went over 41 during the day). This is not weather conducive to work or anything else. Fortunately the long-awaited cool change came through on Sunday afternoon - after sleeping with airconditioning on full blast the night before, we were suddenly needing a light blanket.

I think all the weather weirdness has thrown my poor body into confusion and now I have a slight cold. Dull.

January is normally the month I spend wondering where the next job will come from, but this year it's been different - plenty of work, plus I scored a new client, so that's all good. I even have an excuse to buy some slightly workish garb, as meetings with corporates will be involved ... I want to buy everything here as usual.

Kids 1 and 2 enjoyed their summer holidays. Kid 1 had sailing camp; Kid 2 did a production at NIDA. In the last week of January we went down to Jervis Bay with another family and enjoyed doing quite a lot of not very much. This is the house we stayed in.



This is the beach we played on.



Coming back to work and school was something of a rude shock.

5 comments:

That's Not My Age said...

Congrats on the new client and the work garb - just steer clear of the sleeveless jacket!

materfamilias said...

you might not "really" be back, but I'm glad to see you here . . . still wondering about the 17th doll though . . .
congrats on the steady and increasing client list, must be satisfying.

Tiffany said...

TNMA, I sincerely promise no sleeveless jackets ...

Mater, Summer of the 17th Doll is an amazing Australian play (it's describe on Wiki). And, yes, the more clients, the better, really.

Rubi said...

Just looking at pictures from someplace where it's not winter is such a treat. And the fact that it's your blog makes it even nicer.

Well done on the new client!

Tiffany said...

Thanks Rubi - I have to admit that I get great pleasure checking out blogs with snow when it's sweltering here!