20 October 2010

Bright Lights, Big City

Planning for the escape to NYC is proceeding apace. Actually, no, it's not. We're both so flat-out with work - and Kid 1 is studying for exams - that we've done barely a thing. We do have tix to the Knicks at Madison Square Garden on November 5. And November 7 is the big run. Spouse says I should do the 4km international friends and family run on November 6. I haven't decided yet. Oh, and I have a yoga class with Martha Stewart's niece (long story ...) at Brooklyn on November 2. So a few things to do. I want to go and see a show on Broadway, but I haven't yet decided which one.

I plan to do some shopping while there, but even if I go with a virtually empty suitcase, I will need something to wear while doing said shopping. This has been worrying me rather. In fact, I had a ridiculous dream the other night that I was in NYC, minus anything to wear even to get out the door (except I had managed to pack my mustard yellow suede heels, well known as practical shopping shoes). Spouse gave me all kinds of Freudian interpretations which didn't help much.

The unfailingly stylish and lovely Pseu kindly said she'd do me a Polyvore for the trip if I sent her a list of possibilities, but what she didn't realise is that I have so few options that I could quite easily fit my entire wardrobe into a small suitcase (not including shoes and a couple of coats ...).

Today I am heading into the city (yes, a whole 10 minutes away) to work in-house for a client. This is usually my opportunity to shop, but since Sydney's going into summer (albeit slowly) and I'm going into a NY autumn (much colder than our winters) there's not much point buying anything.

Except, perhaps, some lippy or nailpolish ...

3 comments:

materfamilias said...

Hmmm,that's an interesting challenge or two. . . and whatever you buy in New York and return home all excited about will likely be to warm to wear until the end of your summer.
Will you be bringing that lovely dress your ordered after Duchesse did a post on the designer (Montreal?)? And your MaxMara jacket?

Tiffany said...

Yes, I will definitely be taking the MaxMara jacket as it's both warm and amazingly light. I hadn't thought about the dress - I suppose with thick tights, good boots, a scarf and a coat ... thanks for the thought!

Unknown said...

Hi Tiff:
Not sure if I have your current email, so I thought it best to forward this link to your Blog, that way you can review it without adding it as a post http://marathon.blogs.nytimes.com/?WT.mc_id=NYT-E-I-NYT-E-AT-1020-L4

It's a blog focusing on the NYC Marathon, which I understand Andrew will be running in (quite impressive)during your upcoming trip to the US.

Love to all, Mark