30 October 2010

The Holiday

Two more sleeps. Have I packed? Lordy, no. I have written helpful lists for my mother (who is here to look after Kid 1 and Kid 2, although they are largely self-propelling). I have not finished work. I have not even made plans for what to do while in NYC, although some things are completely obvious.
The only thing I have decided to pack is my DKNY Cozy, because it strikes me as an ideal flying companion - blankie and cardigan-type-arrangement all in one.

It's Halloween tomorrow night, and the kids would kill me if I didn't decorate the house, carve the pumpkins, dress up and hand out treats. It's not ideal when we have to be at the airport by 8am the next day, but there you go ...

7 comments:

That's Not My Age said...

Have a fabulous trip - and go for a walk along the High Line!

Tiffany said...

Thank you! And I will ...

Susan B said...

I'm getting so excited for you! How long will you be in NY?

Tiffany said...

Pseu, we leave here on 1 November and arrive 1 November (love that date line) and leave on 12 November ... so 11 good days! I'm totally excited now. And I'll be thinking of you during my LA stopover!

materfamilias said...

Have fun! Can't wait to hear about it.

Tiffany said...

Thanks, mater. I'm excited but also a little sad about leaving the kids behind with my mother ... And goodness knows how Spouse and I will manage all that uninterrupted time in each other's company. I'm accustomed to a lot of time alone.

Mardel said...

Have a fabulous trip! Oh, you have already embarked. Well, I hope you are having a fabulous trip.