21 October 2010

The Hobbit

Yesterday was chaotic. [Later: Today has been worse.] I was hoping that I could squeeze in a little time to look at the shops, maybe buy a scarf or some nail polish. Actually, I wanted to buy THIS nailpolish (one, two, maybe all three).


But I ran short of time - what with work and all that nonsense - and when the lovely Chanel man in DJs told me that I'd only be able to get it in the 'Chanel Makeup Studio' in the Other Department Store, it was too late to dash back.

I did manage to buy a little netbook, just so that I can video call the kids when we're in New York. It's totally justifiable from a work perspective ...

Spouse and I had a discussion about whether we should buy an iPad instead. Sadly, we concluded that although it is sexy and pretty, it wasn't really the most functional option. I hate it when function triumphs over form - I want BOTH.

On a completely different note, ages ago TNMA posted pics that made me want a maxi skirt. Then she also suggested that even short people like me can wear them. I got one (black jersey). I love it. I'm worried I might look a little like one of those Olsen Hobbits, so I haven't tested the look outside the house yet ... And speaking of the Olsen Hobbits, I LOVE The Row. I can't believe they're 24. I also can't believe how much the clothes cost. Oh well.

8 comments:

materfamilias said...

I was originally skeptical about my Netbook, but the prices are so reasonable I got one -- and for travelling, I now think it's just great! I've been envying the elegance of the iPads I see some of my students using, but it does seem they're not quite there function-wise yet.
Curious to see your skirt and also to find out whether you pick up a The Row piece or two . . .

Susan B said...

I think a maxi can work on we Hobbits. I'd keep the top black as well, and probably cropped. Though I'm all talk, haven't taken the plunge myself...

Tiffany said...

Mater, I couldn't agree more. My netbook was so cheap that even if I only ever use it for travelling (although I may also use it in the kitchen when I want to check recipes, etc) I can justify it.

Pseu (and mater), the skirt is definitely being worn only with shorter tops, hitting a little above the hip - this seems to be the best spot for me (having no waist to speak of). If I can bear it, I'll take a photo some time and you can give me Hobbit votes.

As for The Row, well, if I win a lottery or something!

That's Not My Age said...

Hi Tiffany - thanks for the mention, and I love all those nail polish colours, you should have them all. And you could always buy an iPad in NYC, it'll be cheaper there!

Tiffany said...

No need to thank me for the mention, TNMA - the only people who read this blog read yours already! Thank YOU for encouraging me to get the maxi ... And I think I will buy all three of those nail polishes when I track them down!

Weird in edgewise said...

Hey, I like your hair! Looks nice.

Tiffany said...

Thank you, OWW. It's taken me a little while to get used to it, but I quite like it now. I'll probably go back to dark after our summer ...

Mardel said...

I've been contemplating a iPad for DH, as it has some functions that would be helpful, more so than a netbook, but I worry that it will be a new phase and then abandoned to me, and the functionality for me is not quite there yet. Right now the cost/risk/benefit analysis is quite cutting it.

Maxi skirt sounds nice though, and I love The Row, but haven't taken the plunge yet.