25 October 2010

Saturday Night Fever

We went to a party. AGAIN. We are such gadflies. I wore my maxi skirt with this top. Obviously this is not me, and equally obviously I was not wearing a hat like this (although I may need to consider one in NY).



Yesterday we had people over for lunch. AGAIN.

One of them is a vegetarian, so I had to cook accordingly. Here's the menu:

Taramasalata & olives & Greek bread (from the Fish Markets) for nibbles.
Chilled cucumber and yoghurt soup that I ended up not serving as the weather was too miserable for summery food.
Greek spinach and feta brown rice with roasted tomatoes.
Swordfish and prawns marinated with oregano, garlic, olive oil and lemon zest then pan-fried (too wet outside for barbecue).
Baklava for dessert.

Apart from someone's child affixing silly putty to one of our armchairs (no, it doesn't come off), it was an enjoyable afternoon.

3 comments:

materfamilias said...

I love that sweater -- is it as light as it looks? and what a subtly fabulous colour which could go with anything (I'd even pair it with your new pink coat, à la Une Femme/Pseu -- I think olive and pink could be perfection!)
and btw, I really like your new profile pic, very cute, and reminds me that I should update mine one of these days . . .

Tiffany said...

Thanks mater! Yes, the top is very light (but reasonably warm). It would look lovely with pink, wouldn't it? Tempting ... My new profile pic is one of those cheating ones that makes me look WAY younger than I am (although taken two weeks ago), but hey ...

Mardel said...

Oh that new sweater looks light yet still cozy. It would be lovely with pink, well, with so many things.