17 October 2010

Saturday Night Fever

As promised, I actually cooked. We had herbed salmon en croute, using a tweaked version of  Maggie Beer's sour cream pastry recipe (250g plain flour, 150g butter, 1/2 cup sour cream). I love pastry ...


I made creme caramel for dessert. It set perfectly, and looked exactly right, but I just wasn't that happy with it. I'm pondering whether to try again some time or just stick to my beloved creme brulee.


I think breakfast was actually more successful than dinner - after Spouse got back from early morning run, before Kid 1 went off to sailing, I fried up some mashed potatoes (yes, getting through those spuds) with chives and parsley and served it with a fried egg on top. The menfolk were happy.

Although it is Sunday, today is a work day. I'd much rather be gardening ...

1 comment:

Mardel said...

Actually, my menfolk would be happy with that breakfast as well. I shan't tell them about it.