17 March 2010

Lawrence of Arabia

Ok, so it's a long stretch, but I had to introduce the concept of camel ...

I have been eyeing a camel cashmere coat that I just know would suit my colouring, and would go with the few clothes I already own, but I have been holding off for all sorts of reasons (including that Sydney isn't really cold enough for coats, but I AM going to New York in November, so surely that's a justification?). Then today I was innocently browsing the www and the Sart featured some camel ... Much as I think Scott S himself is a prat of the highest order, he does have a great eye - I think he's convinced me.

Watch this space. It may soon be camel-coloured.

3 comments:

materfamilias said...

Oh, yes, camel isn't really good for my colouring but those photos were making me drool -- so you can give me some vicarious shopping-and-wearing pleasure.
And also, yes, isn't he just! (and we don't even use the word "prat" here)

Susan B said...

I'm very excited about this trend. Camel is one of my Good Colors. I'm really hoping to pick some up this fall. Can't go wrong with a good camel coat...

And you're right about Mr. Schuman. The artist vs. the art again....

Tiffany said...

Mater & Pseu, I see we're all in accord when it comes to Mr S ... But in this case the art wins over the artist - I'd never buy his book, though!

And once I procure myself some camel, I will do Show and Tell.