02 March 2010

Zoolander


OK, I know there are plenty of smart models out there, but the ones we get in this studio are definitely not the 'really I'm in Mensa and I could have studied law if I weren't so damn skinny and beautiful' variety.

The things they say, while swigging Diet Coke and chain-smoking on the verandah, are enough to make me do the nose thing with my jasmine tea. For instance, did you know that cutting four inches off your hair makes it grow more slowly? Really.

But this morning's prize goes to the girl who declared to the stylist that she doesn't understand why she can't migrate here on educational grounds because 'I don't have a university degree but I have a high school degree'. Last I heard we were really crying out for high school graduates ...

3 comments:

materfamilias said...

Free entertainment! A plus in a self-employed office environment, right? And you passed it on -- thank you!

Wendy said...

It's a wonder you get any work done, surrounded by flakey types like that!

Tiffany said...

Yes, indeed, free entertainment! I may feel old and frumpy compared to the skinny young beautiful people, but at least I have two IQ points to rub together.