03 August 2009

The Boys




My boys put me to shame, they are so damn FIT. Holden, like his dad, has lots of natural running talent. Unlike his dad, however, he is too lazy to train. He still managed to do the Bay Run - a 7K fun-run that goes around our Bay - in a respectable 31 minutes this year, coming 8th in the under 15s. Next weekend they have the more gruelling City to Surf ... Andrew's not-very-secret ambition is to win the Father-Son category.

Me? Well, thanks to being shamed by THEM, I'm bravely keeping up my 30 minutes a day jogging on my slow and ancient treadmill (note: it's the treadmill that's slow and ancient, not ME). I'm not going to break any land speed records, but I guess it's better than nothing.

Phoebe, sadly, takes after her mother, and thinks a game of Solitaire is as much of a workout as she needs.

No comments: