11 August 2009

Almost Famous

The marvellous Materfamilias has tagged me for this meme - "list 7 of your personality traits, as evidenced on your blog, and then pass the award on to 7 other blogs with notable personality". I'll give it a go ...

1. Frivolous
2. Resilient (not copying Mater, but possibly in a similar frame of mind)
3. Occasionally thoughtful
4. Selectively sociable
5. Excessively fond of food and cooking
6. Easily amused by children (mine and others')
7. A voracious reader (when I have time)

As for passing this on, I read very few blogs regularly (I am a purger rather than a hoarder although you might not gather this from my blog) and most of the ones I read daily have already been covered, so I will simply mention them: Materfamilias is a warm, open and inspiring person whose blog I love; Sallymandy has an infectious joie de vivre, even when things are tough; Une femme writes so engagingly about clothes that I had to buy shoes she mentioned!; Imogen shows great generosity in her sharing of style tips with readers; Duchesse has an incisive, occasionally acid (which I love) take on all things 'style' and a great eye for jewellery; my mother, who hasn't blogged forever, but knows all there is to know about food, and a great deal else as well - here's hoping she revives her blogging mojo.

That's only six. Does this mean I have a short attention span? Or perhaps I lack loyalty? Or maybe I can put a positive spin on it and call myself discerning ...

3 comments:

materfamilias said...

Bravo! Thanks for joining in -- could I add interesting and perspicacious (oh, all right, insightful if you prefer, but I never get a chance to use perspicacious and I think it's appropriate here.)

materfamilias said...

Oh, and could you please tell your mother we'd all love more . . .

Tiffany said...

Isn't perspicacious the most delicious word? There are lots of words like that that one simply doesn't get to use in casual conversation - which is why I encourage their use in blogland! And I will definitely pass on your comment to my mother.