12 August 2009

Pleasantville


Back to frivolity, right?

I bought this top on a whim, because it seemed to be a good colour for spring/summer (yes, it IS winter here - what of it?). I can only hope it doesn't make me pull a face like this particular model, who clearly wishes to be elsewhere.

I have mentioned already that I am not very good at accessorising, although I am finally learning to wear scarves without feeling like a twit. The next thing on my list is jewellery, and I am wondering whether something turquoise might work with this rather coral-ish colour ...

I should, of course, be thinking about floor tiles and paint colours and, oops, WORK.

Which reminds me ... I am currently working on something that is supposedly pitched at women. It was sent to me with draft copy that included such gems as 'Does my bottom line look big in this?'. Every feminist hackle I have (and that's a few) was raised. It gets worse. Apparently for the launch there will be goody bags that include nail files. Did I mention that the target audience is business women?

That's right, welcome to the 1950s. If only they were being ironic.

5 comments:

materfamilias said...

Oooh, pretty! And turquoise would really make that pop.
as for the copy, too sad -- somedays I do wonder if we've
"come a long way, baby" at all . . .

Tiffany said...

Too funny - that Virginia Slims (am I right?) slogan was the first thing that sprang to my mind as I read the dreadful copy ...

materfamilias said...

I think that's right -- I wondered after I'd written it if you'd recognize the campaign "down under"

Tiffany said...

I actually grew up in Singapore (mostly), and I remember it from US magazines that my mother used to get! Smoking as the height of sophistication and liberation is a funny thought these days ...

Imogen Lamport, AICI CIP said...

Turquoise would look great in that!


Are people not over "bum looking big" lines?