28 August 2009

Sophie's Choice


The other day, tired of seeing my mother drag around a horrid Thing (I can't think of a better word for it), I bought her a lovely squishy leather bag in just the right autumn tones for her. I think she likes it.

This then made me feel a bit embarrassed by my own bag, which I have had for almost three years and which was never very nice to start with. I only ever have one day-to-day handbag, although I do have my small collection of vintage tortoiseshell lucite bags and a work bag I love.

So I have been looking and looking. I am so tempted by some lovely BRIGHT bags - whoever thought I'd be attracted to a bright BLUE bag? - but since I know I'll probably be carrying the damn thing every day for the next two years, I have to go more neutral and boring.

This bag comes in black, indigo, nude (pictured) and caramel. I'm desperately trying to decide between the indigo and the nude (you will note I am eschewing black).

2 comments:

Imogen Lamport, AICI CIP said...

Why can't you have a bright blue bag too?

Tiffany said...

I can't have a bright blue bag too because I shouldn't be spending on handbags when we're putting a kitchen and bathroom in our new house ... Maybe I'll find one to put on my birthday or Xmas wishlist!